As property advisors we understand the critical importance of finding the right site when starting or expanding your business.
Our passion for property is matched only by our disappointment in seeing businesses open in the wrong places only to fail a short time later. That’s why we’re dedicated to supporting business growth through our specialist site selection services and proactive portfolio management.
We have extensive experience in:
Developing site selection strategies, defining site requirements to align with business strategy to maximise growth potential while mitigating costs and risks, reviewing catchment options, prioritising locations
Site selection/ Acquisition
Sourcing retail, industrial and commercial sites in New Zealand and Australia across a range of industries, ranking and qualifying sites, negotiating market-leading lease terms to secure the best deal at the lowest occupancy cost
Managing the scoping, planning, design, consenting, procurement /tendering, development and build of sites
Managing tenants’ occupation costs, liability and risks through tenant-side property management, including: portfolio optimisation, lease administration, renewals, rent reviews, make-goods, terminations, redevelopment and relocation negotiations, subleasing and licensing
I have always had a passion for helping people and never is this truer than when it comes to helping them find the right property to enhance their business.
Being an independent property advisor means I can use all of my previous skills and expertise – law, finance and property – to make sure I find the right site and negotiate the right terms to fit with a client’s business model. It is very gratifying to be able to add value to businesses looking to grow through saving them time and money and eliminating risk.
I have a particular love of creative problem-solving and working as part of your team to find the best solutions to your property requirements.
- Master of Property Studies (Distinction) – Lincoln University
- Master of Business Administration – University of Auckland
- Bachelor of Law – University of Auckland
- Bachelor of Commerce – University of Auckland
- Business Diploma (Franchising) – Franchise Council Australia
- Business Innovation and Entrepreneurship Diploma – Unitec
- Experienced Australasian retail property leader managing site selection, feasibility, design, consenting, procurement and fit-out of retail sites
- Experienced Australasian property portfolio leader with expertise in tenant-side and landlord-side portfolio management
- Experienced leasing expert with significant experience (both tenant side and landlord side) in negotiating development agreements, Agreements to Lease, renewals, rent reviews, exits and reinstatements
- Expertise rolling out retail networks/refurbishing existing store networks
- Transaction advisory and deal management (acquisitions, divestments, sales and leasebacks) for corporate, NGO and government clients
To us, our values are more than just words on a page. Here’s what they will mean for you:
Taking the initiative to ask, to explore, and to unlock property options overlooked by others.
Finding the right property at the right price point and commercial terms is time-consuming. We stay the course until we put the right deal together, persisting until we do so.
We believe in treating your money as though it were our own. Because we don’t take commissions from landlords – and only work exclusively with one client within a particular customer segment at a time – we have no conflicts of interest.
As much as we wish the perfect site existed, there are always going to be challenges, however small. We value and use creative problem-solving to make the best available site work to your requirements, liaising with the landlord to get the optimal outcome.
What people think…
“In our dealings with Marcus on our lease negotiations and rent reviews we have found Marcus to be very professional, fair, practical and effective. We would recommend Marcus to any property investors or tenants.”
Graeme Rose, Managing Director, Window Treatments NZ Limited